Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Masculine Modern Tones for a Manhattan Writer

So, not everything I do is "Haute-Femme" it's just the request I get most often. Here is a more modern, masculine space I designed for a writer and his wife. He had just gotten back from Africa where he had been doing research for his new book. I really love how it all came together. Once the installtion is done I will post pics!

REALLY great perisan rug from an amazing resource I found online, they are in NYC for viewing! This 8'4" x 12' rug is only $300! You'll have to hire us for this little gem! It is too good to give away!

Cool wooden plant vases from my Eco-Teak collection for LIV CHIC


Funky wall decor from wisteria helps to bring in the color scheme.



Large 33" diameter starburst mirror for over fireplace mantel




This is from our Eco-Teak collection from our LIV-CHIC furniture company. The desk/dining table will look similar to this but with the specifications in the drawing below. From one side it will look just like a dining table but from the inside where the banquette seating is, there will be shelves for storage so it doubles as a work space. The armoire below will go next to it for added office storage.




This is also from our Eco-Teak collection . I suggested this as the coffee table.



I found this armoire for $199 and they have a lot more too! Sorry this is also too good of a resource to give away for free! You'll have to hire me! ;)






Gorgeous Ikat pillows. Also another great resource! These are only about $29 each!





This is the wallpaper for the room. Another suggestion was grasscloth in a grey-brown color and just on one accent wall.









No comments: